Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bad hur day

How come every time I look pretty good, makeup on, legs shaved, no wind, no granola bar/almost chunks in my teeth, hur (that's hair, for all you non-Nelly listeners out there) looking fly.....I see no one.
I look my best, yet, no one is there to see me looking my best/barely presentable.
It takes me months to work up the strength and courage and determination to fix myself to a certain standard of presentability. There are people I know (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) who get up every morning and 1) shower 2) shave off 75% of their body hair (yes, wild, I know) and 3) put on makeup.
EVERY morning. EVERY. MORNING.
I barely know where the shower is in my home, much less the mascara. I like to think I am making some sort of point about the struggles of women against the patriarchal regime controlling women as mere objects by subjecting them to this horrific, unobtainable standard of beauty.....but, no, I'm just lazy....and hella busy. I am TOO busy for that activity.
There's a war going on (no, not the unwarranted, habitation in Iraq and the middle East created by men controlling oil prices): the war of schoolin'. I gots to read, folks. I gots to do it and do it well. Good news, though: I will only have two more years after I graduate from here and then I will.....find another excuse not to put on makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment