Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cookies

What is it with me and cookies? Sure, some people are addicted to cake...chocolate (that's a big one for me too), brownies, pie, cigarettes, booze, but, I take cookie addiction to a whole other level. It's not just an obsession, it's a lifestyle. When I wake up, I think about cookies, when I go to sleep, I think about cookies. Every time I eat, I need to have a cookie afterwards. This is not right. This is not kosher (do they make kosher cookies?? I hope so. I would think so....for Jewish people who are addicted like I am). But, no one can be as addicted as I am. I have a problem. And the solution: more cookies.
Seriously. How can I fix my cookie downfalls?
Answer: Rise up and kill the cookie makers of the world. Only, that will not solve it, because eventually, in the future, someone else will invent the cookie and the process will happen to someone else....the cycle will continue (like in The Terminator). MAN, Sarah Conner is a badass.
Seriously. Something must be done. We could lock me in a cell. But, then, I'd get so psychologically tainted that I would dream up cookies...or make cookies out of cell block ceramic material. That's no cure.
Any ideas? What is there to do?
Nothing. Nothing is to be done.
I love cookies. Ever since I was a kid. Ever since I strangely bonded with the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. Hooked.
Ever since my mom made warm chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with milk on a spring day (It might not have been spring). THE BEST. Thanks mom for making those cookies.
AND FOR GETTING ME HOOKED! I love me some cookies. Recently, my doctor told me I should cut back on carbs, sugars, sweets, soda (probably includes cookies, but I didn't ask to confirm). Therefore, I took it as, "Erica, you should cut back on carbs, sugars (not including cookies), sweets (that probably just means candy...who eats candy, anyway, I'm not a child....except I do kinda like some candy...and chocolate, of course) and sweets (semi-sweet chocolate chips obviously don't count) and soda (EASY....right? No more diet coke?? Well, we'll see about that one, doc).
The point is: I can't live without chocolate chip cookies. I love all cookies, cookie brownies, oatmeal, milanos, Girl Scout Cookies, peanut butter cookies.....all cookies, but chocolate chip is the best by far. I can't live without them.
I have a problem.
My name is Erica, and I am a cookie-holic.
****Hi, Erica.

No comments:

Post a Comment