Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chi-town

I am moving to Chicago (because I want to get even more of the Midwest in my system) and over midterm break I went to check out the town, sign a lease, etc.
Well, let me tell you something about Chicago that you might not know.
Yeah, everyone has heard of the (failing) Cubs, the Valentine's Day Massacre, Al Capone, Barack Obama's lovetown, the weird saucy pizza, and lastly, apparently there was also some huge fire there in the late 1800s. P.S. My spell check on this thing thinks 'Obama' is not a word. Damn Republicans.
Well, what they (society) don't tell you is all of the crime and the lack of popos taking care of all this crime.
Crime: Insane Traffic of the first, most deadly degree.
Participants: everyone with a car, taxi, bike.
First of all, I almost died about 18 times in the time span of oh, let's see, 24 hours!!!
Secondly, who would ride a bike in these conditions? Insane in the membrane.
Inches from death, nauseous at every turn....I couldn't wait to see Iowa and then to see a real state (Missouri) again.
Lastly, I can't wait to live in constant turmoil and probably receive many ulcers from my experiences driving in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment