Thursday, March 4, 2010

Librarians, SHHH!

At my current place of employment, the library, I have come to expect the impossible and the improbable. When one thinks of the library, I would imagine they picture quiet, serene, dusty bookshelves and mean old women shushing everyone....this is not the case at my library.
People do things that I would never expect them to do. Such as: steal things, yell, talk on the cell phone, eat a full, four-course meal at the library right under the sign that says, "Please do not eat or drink. Bottled water is okay."
But, the weirdest thing about working at the library is the lack of shushing from the mean librarians in wide-rimmed glasses. Nope, no shushing takes place here!
In fact, there is this one librarian who I am sure is a novice, although I know she isn't a novice because she's been a librarian for decades that I want to shush myself.
She is THE LOUDEST LIBRARIAN in the world. It's an oxymoron, no? A loud librarian. Ridiculous.
She just talks at an abnormally loud voice. It's almost too loud for the outdoors, it's that loud. When she starts on a voice bender, I like to call it that, I scooch down in my chair and hunch my shoulders because I am so embarrassed by the sheer volume at which she is talking. I am not exaggerating here. I talk loud. My voice carries...but this woman. Good gravy! So loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment