Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bingo, prunes, AARP

In many ways, I have an old soul. Yes, in some ways, I am very child-like and playful. But, mostly, I have an old soul. I like oldies hits (hits from the 50s, 60s and 70s) and not in a cool, hipster sort of way. I like BINGO, I like to eat early and I definitely enjoy naps. I used to loathe laying down in the middle of a perfectly good day. My, oh my, have the times changed. I love to sleep.
I love to take naps. I get cranky if I don't sleep 13 out of the 24 hours in a day. I love to complain about "kids today" and talk about how "when I was your age things were different." I am an old person (but I am only 21 years old). I am THE stereotypical old person. I don't like rad, hip cars, I prefer Hondas and Volvos (even though I drive a Pontiac). I get irrationally mad at people playing loud music, I talk about their future ear problems because of the decibels of music pounding their young ears. I get choked up about the war and the good ol' days on the beaches of......
I talk about gas prices, I enjoy listening to NPR and I like to use coupons whenever possible. Plus, like many older gentlemen and ladies, I am immune to the cold. People have to tell me to use extra coats because my skin isn't as sensitive to the elements as they were when I was young.
Why am I so old?
I'm not complaining; this is fact. I probably have most 70 year old men and women beat for oldness. They really need to work harder. I aim to succeed in the old realm.
I can just imagine myself in fifty years---what will I be like then?? Worse???
Or: here's another option:
Maybe I am like Benjamin Button--I'm just getting younger as time progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment