Friday, February 5, 2010

Would the real slim veracity please stand up

There has been some question as the veracity of my blog posts. You know who you are.
All of my stories are real. I think I only embellished a little on a conversation (only for humor and dramatic appeal). The things I post are actual events. Let's face facts: Weird things happen to me. More weird things happen to me than to most people. I am a magnet for weird.
One time, I was in a college dormitory, checking my email (my house is living in the dark ages, without internet) and this strange girl is walking in my direction. This strange girl, you know the type. Probably weird in high school. Probably had a circle of weird friends. Fit in with her group, so not a loner, gets her kicks off of her unique sense of style. Wears a fedora hat, plaid pants, dyes her hair black. Well, anyway, she comes up to me and twists her body into an 'S' shape, like she's grooving, squints her face into an ugly squash, points her finger at me and says in a Gothic, British voice, "Helllll-OOOOO." It was reminiscent of the hunchback, from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Except, she was just trying to get a reaction from me. Here. I am the victim. She thinks I am some sort of uppity, sorority girl from the suburbs. Well. I have news for her. I am an uppity weird girl from the suburbs. HA!!! Fooled her, no?
Besides that, she has met her match for weird. I am the monster. I am the freak. She dubbed me WRONG. I am not some Marketing major (anymore) with a casual, usual, normal upbringing of conservative, orthodox normality. I am not normal. I am not the run-of-the-mill person you would run into. She has met her match for strange.
In response, the usual person would give her an awkward glance, scale the walls to pass by her and not (definitely not) respond. Normal people are hesitant to interact in any way outside their normality box. So, instead of being normal, I gave her a taste of her own medicine. In return to her saying, "Helllll-OOO," I said, "Why, Guuuuud Even'ing Govna. Top of the Morn on this merrrrrrry daye." (All in a goth brit accent and sly eyes with my own hunch back, snarling mouth and common temperment). Booyah, judge me at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment