Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Death

I have been having a lot of health problems and if you can't bear to read about it in this delightful post, I suggest you man up and click the reddish box in the upper right hand corner of your laptop's screen.
So, I've been having a lot of health problems and since I can handle almost anything (or, at least I THINK I can handle almost anything life throws at me), having a health scare is very weird to me. I can't buck up and handle it. Let's just say, tears and me have been acquainted recently. So, I couldn't figure out what was going on, and after a half-hearted, super-failed attempt at self-medicating, I went to the doctor's office. Besides, I recently had a dream that I was going to die soon....so I figured I'd play into the karma/destiny game and speed the process along. And, the pain I was feeling resembled death, so I checked in! I have health insurance, so why not?
What is with doctor's offices anyway? They are always rambling on and on about privacy policies, yet, I always know everyone's business in the waiting room. Just by overhearing their conversations with the registered nurses and the receptionist and the medical biller and coder. I know their symptoms, their Social Security Number, their copay and their doctor. Even if I had a mind like a steel trap, I would not know what to do with a SSN. I still don't know what goes on with a SSN. Then, there is the waiting room. And...if there is no television or magazines (which this one lacked), all there is to do is talk. And, the relation between chit chatters and age is a positive correlation (aka, as age increases, the tendency to gossip and chitchat increases too). What's worse, the older you get, the state of your health worsens. Anyway, chit chatters, by nature, want to know your business and more importantly, want you to know their business. So, I got the scoop on a very gentlemanly fellow. Had trouble parking, was very hot in the waiting room....wanted a magazine, but couldn't find any....was waiting for a long time....was only in for a check up.
To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment