Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dumb questions

Don't you hate being asked dumb questions?
I hate the question, "What are you doing?" when someone is looking RIGHT at the act which you are completing.
For instance:
I hate when I am reading a book and then someone comes over and asks, "What are you doing?"
This question BEGS for a sarcastic response. No matter if it is your best friend for life or your boss, you must respond with, "Ummm. I'm frying eggs."
Seriously, what does it look like I'm doing?
I hate questions. I hate criticism and I hate when criticism and questions are rolled into one.
For instance, "Why are you watching THAT movie?"
1. it's judgy. Stop criticising my movie taste. Just because I wanna watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (again) should not include chocolate with a side of judgy. No gracias.
2. Sarcasm time. "Ummm. I'm watching this movie because terrorists are forcing me to."
Duh. I'm watching WWandTChocoFac (pronounced "waatchocofac") because I want to. Stop asking dumb questions.
P.S. I think sarcasm is underrated. I met some friends of the Englishman who did not understand sarcasm/my sarcasm. It was so disappointing, for me, not to enjoy the sarcasm aftermath. I live for the twinge of guilt, sadness and anger that is felt by the victims of the sarcasm quake. I live for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment