Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Coming to America

My best friend, ARod, came home from Studying Abroad for too many months. I wasn't too worried about my other friend studying in Africa, I knew that that friend had made it back okay. I knew she was coming home sometime in December, but I didn't know when. Instead of calling her directly, I first scouted out the other friends. I must have asked two of my other friends, like, 80 times when ARod was coming home, if she had arrived and what her feelings were toward being home, how she felt, jet lag, happiness, etc.
Of course, after the fourth time of not knowing how ARod was or what her location was, the two bffs got quite tired of answering.
All of the hub bub starting affecting other areas of my life: The Dream Realm.
That's right, folks, I had a dream about ARod's status as a non-U.S. citizen. I dreamt that ARod wasn't allowed back into the country, and not only could she not come back, she wasn't at all unhappy about living in her new country. In my dream, this made me very sad because I like to be missed and I miss her (still). The weirdest part was the fact that the dream was in the perspective of ARod. It was so trippy. An out of body experience, to say the least.
So, here I am, several days past Christmas and I kept receiving and dialing calls to ARod. Phone-tag, I think it's called. This only added to the mounding stress. I could see up-and-coming game shows featuring ARod:
Where in the World is Carmen San ARod
Wheel of Unfortune (because ARod is stuck somewhere, can't get back, and I can't properly receive her calls!!??!?!!!)
Jeopardy (her life's in jeopardy)
Deal or No Deal (making deals with some sleazy Euro-creep for ARod's life/passport back into the country).
The Price is Right (for ARod's passport)
Are You Smarter than A 5th Grader (I'm not, so that's a toughy).
Blind Date (I don't know how this relates, but I don't like it...)
Family Feud (I don't know how this relates either, but it sounds good and I am sure it plays a role).
Anyway, I can't receive her calls/she can't receive mine properly...she may or may not be in danger, I would like to take a nap in peace without the dreams of my ARod in jeopardy.

But then, I called her again, at a reasonable hour and she answered!!!!!!!
All is well. I think the only area that has long-term effects is my sleep pattern. And maybe PTSD: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment