Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pet peeves

I got a long list of pet peeves and since I am in a pet peevey mood, I'd like to share them all in a passive/aggressive/assertive (only when absolutely necessary will I use assertiveness) way.
I, as an amazing and infallible judge of character, have excellent tastes in all things, especially food, drinks, people, events, activities, sports, friends and last, but not least, pet peeves. Here are only some of my pet peeves:

1. Kicking the back of my chair. I do not understand. There is plenty of ways to use your foot. I don't even mind if you kick your own chair. But, please. Don't tap on my chair all throughout class time. I probably have an inner ear problem, it makes me a little dizzy....and studies are inconclusive, but, I am sure that your tapping on my chair leads to me wanting to punch you in the kidney.

2. Leaving all the electricity on in a room or house.
My dad taught me this one. I learned it from corporal punishment. The sun is there for a reason. IT'S A NATURAL GIFT. This is actually not pointing to anyone in particular. I do this all of the time (hence, why I hate it so).

3. Saying, "I was just gonna say that..." before everything you comment on in-class. I don't know why this bothers me, it just does. For instance:
"Yes, Adam, I see that your hand is up, I am now calling on you."---teacher/professor/discussion leader.
"Oh, well, I was just gonna say that Napoleon was a badass but shouldn't have invaded Russia."---Adam.
_______
Later in the class...
"Yes Adam"---professor
"Oh, I was just gonna say that....women were treated as inferior, per usual."---Adam
_____
POINT IS:
Don't say it. It gets on my nerves, gov'na.

4. Unless you are entering a Podunk town's block party, stop spitting. I am not a fan of spitting. I think it is because it is ever expanding. You never know who is going to do it and where.
Also, every time someone does it (usually a man), another man-type feels they have to do it....BUT BETTER.
Spitting now becomes a sport for these saliva stockers. One must out-do the other by spitting faster, carry more distance and hold more loog in the loogies. Yeah, I said it. Loogie.
I fear for their immune system and intestines---aren't they dehydrated?? Just food for thought.

I'm sure I'll have more pet peeves that I will write about later. DON'T YOU WORRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment